Green Moss Agate Gua Sha Tool
An ancient self-care practice used in traditional Chinese medicine, the Gua Sha tool is scraped across the skin to redirect energy flow and in doing so, breaks down stagnant energy, increases blood flow and stimulates the lymphatic system to promote natural healing in the body. It’s a simple but rigorous technique that’s been used for centuries to treat a number of ailments including fever, muscle pain and tension, inflammation, chronic coughs, sinusitis and migraines.
Green Moss Agate is a crystal of new beginnings, growth and purpose. It encourages reconnection to the earth.
This daily ritual improves circulation by up to 400 percent, boosts collagen and combats pigmentation, dark circles and puffy eyes.
The Gua Sha arrives in a small drawstring pouch, with a recycled cotton, instructional card and Green Moss Agate description card.
For every abalone sold, Palm of Feronia will plant a tree via Ecologi.
Directions of use:
1. Thoroughly cleanse and mist skin, before applying a facial oil across the face and neck. With remaining oil in your hands, lubricate and warm the gua sha tool, begin taking deep, cleansing breaths.
2. Sweep up your neck on both sides, before sweeping gently over the adam’s apple - an energetic sweep to activate the REN line (a channel which collects the bodies yin energy and treats problems within the abdomen, check, neck, face and head).
3. Sweep up the back of the neck from the shoulders, pushing firmly to release tension.
4. Sweep under your chin from the middle of your face out to your earlobe, keeping the tool flat, using your thumb to hold the skin under your chin and pulling the tool in the opposite direction.
5. Sweep from the middle of your chin under your jawline and back towards your earlobe. Gently jiggle your ear to encourage drainage down the neck to the lymph nodes at the base.
6. Sweep underneath your cheekbone towards the hairline, again jiggling the tool at the hairline to release fluid.
7. Sweep over your cheekbones finishing at the hairline.
8. Gently sweep under your eyes from the inner eye out to the hairline.
9. Sweep over the eyebrow out toward the hairline and up from the brow down going over the forehead. Complete this along the eyebrow in 4-5 sections.
10. Sweep from between the eyebrows, over the third eye and up into the hairline.
11. Sweep from the middle of the forehead out to the hairline.
12. Complete this process on the opposite side of your face, starting again at the neck and up to the forehead.
13. Once both sides have been completed, finish the treatment by sweeping down the neck to assist with lasting drainage. Keep your tool flat and travel along the neck to the collarbone.
Aim to practice gua sha daily as part of your self-care practice. Pressure is important - pay attention to this as you practice and listen to your body. Keep sweeps gentle and light when working the lymph fluid and firmer to move muscle. Stop if you feel discomfort or bruising. Aim to sweep each area between 3-10 times. Keep your tool almost flat to the skin (as opposed to a 90 degree angle). If the tool begins to drag, add more oil.
Avoid using gua sha over acne, open wounds or cysts.
About The Palm of Feronia
Materials and packaging - Green moss agate tool, recyclable box and instructional card, reusable pouch.
Delivery & Packaging
Delivery Packaging - Packaged in a recyclable cardboard box, with recycled cotton instructional card. 3-5 working days delivery time. Please note if you order from more than one brand expect to receive separate delivery packages.